My list of things I should do today:
1. Write another blog post
2. Workout so I’m not fat for Courtney come wedding time
3. Rework my portion of our final research report into the correct format…or rather think about doing it
4. Go to the fridge in the hopes of finding something different to snack on than the last time I checked(about 20 minutes ago)
5. “Pine” and miss Courtney. It should be noted that this particular item isn’t in any particular order, it’s just throughout and in-between all the others.
6. Have second thoughts about creating a list. I feel obligated to make at least 10 items to make my day look somewhat productive
7. Go for a motorcycle ride as a reward for finishing my research project
8. Realize I need to actually finish the project and that I got ahead of myself
9. Finish the project!
10. The prize for completing the list? Getting to Skype my gorgeous fiancé!
What I’ve learned from doing this list for my Saturday is that I could probably reduce both the number of items and the length of time it takes to do most of them if Courtney was here. There’s something very special about having my significant other around. The short time we actually get to be together, which is on our weekend or week long marathon dates, we get so much done!
A common topic that comes through our messages throughout each Saturday is how much we would love to even just do errands with each other. We’ve had a couple of chances to do some grocery shopping, getting wedding stuff ready, and it almost, almost feels like we are really playing house like grown-ups! Every Saturday I’ve been able to spend with her is like a window into the future of what it might be like to be married. Neither of us has been married before(figured that was a given, but these days you never know!), so the chance to do all these little things together is something I miss when she is away.
I’ve never counted down to something so eagerly in my life. The weekends we are apart are disappearing, and even though they feel like molasses passing through a tightly woven strainer, I feel as though the time will pass faster as we get closer. Then my Saturday to-do list probably won’t get any shorter, or it will be replaced all together by a “honey-do” list, which right now sounds awesome! You can definitely tell I’m still freshly and hopelessly in love when a honey-do list sounds like fun, talk to my dad about his list, it has no ending and doesn’t seem to be quite as exciting for him. I’ll never get bored of mine! Words of a naive husband to be perhaps? Nope, that’s ridiculous! I’ll love doing things for her for the rest of forever!